18 October 2014

Roadhouse: Are you ready for the challenge?

No comments:
 


It has been long since I last had a birthday date and I'm fortunate to be able to celebrate it with Sohgail this year. Generally, there are two kinds of people in the world. Those who live to eat and those who eat to live. I'm pretty sure you know which am I, since my middle name is 'glutton'. I constantly crave for burgers(not macs though), bachormee and foie gras. 

Okay... Fine...
That.
Is.
Not.
All.

The list of food that I constantly crave is extensive! And that explains why it's almost impossible to get that toned body I've always wanted. 

We went down to dempsey after our classes so I could finally try the wagyu burgers at Roadhouse. I very much wanted to try 'The Terminator Challenge' but chickened out in the end. But can you imagine.. 6 wagyu beef patties, 6 slices of cheese, bacon and fries...

Did I also mention that it's a challenge?! For those who are braver than me.. and can finish the meal within 20 minutes will find themselves saving $58++ and making it to Roadhouse's 'Wall of Fame!'


We had 2 mains, a side and a dessert. I must say that the food we had were generally good but for the instagram junkies... please be warned that the lighting is terrible. Just check out the really grainy and noisy photos when night falls.

Spicy Garlic Parmesan Wings

Must-Eat! 
We loved how we could choose the spiciness of the wings and since it's buffalo wings, 
we loved it even more! We will definitely order this again for our next visit.


Bacon Marinated

Unlike the girl who doesn't appreciate burgers, I was totally head of heels for this! 
Caramelized onions with sautéed mushrooms on 170g of wagyu beef patty draped across a bacon in between 2 toasted seasame buns served with truffle fries. The generous amount of truffle oil over the fries made it so damn fragrant! This was a lovely dish, but do take note that a well-grown man like me would not find this meal sufficient without ordering additional quick bites and desserts.


BBQ U.S. Spare Ribs

We both agreed that Tony Roma's has the best ribs in town. But still, I love it when onion rings are made this way and not the kind we can find in NTUC. Therefore, we would skip this and order the 'Big Ass Onion Rings' from the quick bites section instead.


Sticky Date Pudding

Sohgail mentioned that we should try this since it's her favourite dessert among the rest. 
The combination of the pudding, nuts and ice cream was heavenly and a comfortable 'blanket' over the rest of the food we had that night. 

The girl has been keeping mum about what my present was going to be and that night, she gave me 3 chances to guess. But honestly.. How hard is it to find a gift for your guy? or rather what else can you buy for a guy? LOL! I wasted the first 2 tries guessing the most ridiculous gifts she can get because I was so sure it was either a wallet or a watch. And of course... I got it right! LOL

If you can't already tell, I was super happy and I am so glad that this girl came into my life.
Thank you baby for the meal and the present! (:
I love you!




Oh!! Before I forget.. Do take note that Roadhouse only opens for dinner after 630pm. We were kancheong spiders and arrived before 6pm. 

for more details about Roadhouse, visit their main website here.










Check out www.projectweekends.com, Singapore's One-stop lifestyle portal.

Till next time...
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff