30 October 2014

Eggs & Berries: The Heavenly Four Burgers!

No comments:
 
WARNING!
The following images and/or content may cause 
excessive salivation and uncontrollable drooling to some viewers.
Viewer discretion is strongly advised. 


My Anaconda don't...
My Anaconda don't...
My Anaconda don't want none unless you got buns hun.

One thing for sure, I found the buns I was looking for. ^^


I got really excited when I found out that Eggs & Berries launched some really unique burgers. 
The build-your-own coloured burgers to be exact. I've always loved my burgers and now I am able to choose my favourite combination. What more, I get to enjoy the meal with my favourite people in the universe, Sohgail & Han Chong!

Eggs & Berries is where gourmands can dig into hearty American classics served in generous portions. Only natural and fresh ingredients are used in the restaurant. All dishes are handmade by a line-up of dedicated chefs. True to the restaurant’s moniker, eggs round off the dishes.  Diners can have their eggs done in one of four methods: over easy, poached, scrambled or sunny side up.  For pancake and waffle lovers, diners can find different menus featuring in-house soft and moist small pancakes that are served with three types of sauces: Maple Syrup, Chocolate Sauce and Strawberry or Raspberry sauce.  The mouth-watering waffles are crispy on the outside and they are served with a scoop of ice cream — but they taste equally good with butter and maple syrup!



In Eggs & Berries, the patties are made fresh on site and the burger buns 
used are delivered daily and made with all-natural ingredients (no artificial colours and flavourings). I mentioned about mixing and matching the burger buns and handmade gourmet patties didn't I?

... so let's go!

Step 1: Select 1 Naturally Flavoured Bun

Spinach Pesto (green) : helps nourish the eyes and bones
Turmeric Curry (yellow) : helps achieve good skin
Smoked Paprika & Beetroot (pink) : helps manage blood pressure
Charcoal Squid Ink (black) : aids in detoxification

Step 2: Select your choice of Gourmet Patty

E&B Beef & Egg Burger (S$13.90)
Pork & Sage with Paprika (S$12.90)
Provence Herbs Lamb (S$13.90)
Cajun Spiced Chicken (S$12.90)

All burgers are served with a side of potato wedges and mixed greens too.


No meal is complete without a drink. While waiting for our burgers to be made from scratch, 
we couldn't resist but to order some smoothies.


Sweet Groovy Mango
(Fresh mango, milk, vanilla)
S$6.50

It is a mango smoothie with a sophisticated name, very common but I won't discount the fact
that it was really refreshing to start the meal with.

Strawberry Mango Tea
S$5.90

The girl doesn't like milk, thus no smoothie. 
And I convinced her not to drink the same old ice lemon tea. YAY! 
The tea has legit strawberry bits floating around and is thirst-quenching. I'm not complaining about the strong tea taste but it does overpower any tiny hint of mango I was trying to detect.


Green Mountain Bee
(Avocado, bee pollen, vanilla)
S$6.50

Honestly not a big fan of avocado.. Okay, that's an understatement. I dislike avocado. 
But despite the heavy milky texture, it did not taste that bad after all. 
Not sure is it me or the way avocado should taste like, I thought I tasted guava in there. 

Banana Sunset
(Orange, banana, vanilla)
S$6.50

It tasted like liquid goreng pisang in a good way. 


Alright... Spot light back to our stars of the day! 


Starting from the burger buns, The yellow(turmeric curry) bun caught both my eye and tongue as it was the most flavourful one amongst the rest. For the rest, I found it a challenge to pinpoint the flavour as it was masked by the rest of the ingredients. 

As for the choice of gourmet meat, I personally prefer the beef and lamb. Both of them embody an incomparable and indescribable tang which left me hanging, 
wanting to know more about how it was made. 

My choices:

Turmeric Curry Flavoured Bun + E&B Beef & Egg Burger (S$13.90)
&
Turmeric Curry Flavoured Bun + Provence Herbs Lamb (S$13.90)

Feel free to drop your comments below to recommend me your favourite combination!


Another item not to be missed...

Truffle & Mushroom Fries
S$9.90

Apart from the burgers, this dish totally made my day!
I was so distracted by the fragrance while trying to take a picture of it.
And unlike other truffle fries which are poorly coated, 
not one fry was missed here.
*thumbs up*

Aglio Olio King River Prawn
S$19.90

My love for aglio olios are indescribable and I like mine the traditional way. I found this a little too cheesy on the pasta. So, if I could, I would request for the cheese prawns and pasta to be served separately. Win-Win!

Eggs Benedict Doppio
S$16.90

For a restaurant named, Eggs & Berries, I was a little disappointed with this dish.
Although I should admit first I'm not a great fan of American breakfasts, I thought this was a little too ordinary. Not sure why 'NTUC' hash browns (or their look-a-like) was used in this dish too.
Sorry, but this is not for me.

Mango Tango
S$10.90

Light and soft battered pancakes that sealed the deal. 

Over The Rainbow
S$8.90/S$15.90

I felt that the waffles weren't the best in town.

Good selection of syrups to use as much as you like. But try to use them sparingly and only add more if you think it's not sweet enough. (:


There were many hits but as many misses too. 
However, I would definitely revisit Eggs & Berries for their burgers and truffle mushroom fries!
Oh god... 

I'm already craving the tumeric curry lamb burger. *sobs*
So much for wanting to go on a diet. *facepalm*

Thank you Liqin and Brand Cellar for the invite and the opportunity to ruin my diet plans.

*grin*


The Heavenly four burgers are currently only available at Eggs & Berries, Jurong Point.

Address

1 Jurong West Central 2, Jurong Point 1, #01-32 Singapore 648886

Contact Information

6790 9195
www.eggsnberries.com
www.facebook.com/eggsnberries

Check out www.projectweekends.com, Singapore's One-stop lifestyle portal.


Till next time...
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff