5 December 2014

Pie Face Singapore!

No comments:
 
WARNING!
The following images and/or content may cause 
excessive salivation and uncontrollable drooling to some viewers.
Viewer discretion is strongly advised. 


So I have been gone for the longest time. If you think if I've been busy traveling around the world or spending my time on games, you are soooooo wrong! 

I'm currently in my final year at the university and 
I've been really busy mugging for finals all day all night.

EAT SLEEP MUG REPEAT!

That's literally my life for the last month or so. 


Pie Face originated from Australia and are renowned for their gourmet pies which they bake from scratch. Could still faintly remember trying the chicken mushroom pie about 2 years back in Brisbane during their winter and recalling how awesome it tasted. Thus I knew I had to drop my books and visit the world's largest pie chain that had just hit the shores of our little red dot.


Every pie is decorated with a different playful 'emoticon' to distinguish themselves. They come in regular and also mini sizes for those who are watching their weight. That's definitely not me. 



The thai chicken curry pie (which I don't remember seeing it in Brisbane)
 is an asian-inspired flavour which I thought was the best I tried among the rest. 
They could up the spicy level a notch though. 

Who knows in the near future, we could see more exciting local flavours like chilli crab, otah or even bazhang! 



Sweet pies aren't really my thing but I enjoyed a bite of the sour tangy taste from the lemon pie and the nostalgic tang from the green tea with red bean pie. Do share those tiny tartlets if you're not a sweet tooth like me or expect yourself turning into a energizer bunny!




All in all, the puff pastry did work their magic with their soft and fluffy crust but
 weren't at the level enough to take my breath away with their current flavours. 
Jem says more spicy flavours please.



Outlets:

313@somerset
(Address: 313 Orchard Road #B3-10 Singapore 238895)
Opening hours: 10am - 10pm

Bugis Village
(Address: 249 Victoria Street Singapore 188034)
Opening hours: 10am to 10pm

Check out www.projectweekends.com, Singapore's One-stop lifestyle portal.


Till next time...
Jem

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff